What to do if you are locked out of your Instagram account
To reset your password is simple if you have not violated Instagram terms and conditions.
- You can rest password if you have access to your email on file, your phone with the number on file or if you linked your account to Facebook.
- Reset can be done from the Instagram app
- On Android select use username or Email. Send an SMS or Log in with Facebook
- IOS select Username or Phone. Enter your email address, username or phone number.
You can reset your password if you forgot it or no longer have access to your email on file – This is done via the app sending an SMS to your phone or using your Facebook login (this would have to be sync prior to being locked out)
If you are unable to reset your password you can get additional help through the app
- From the login screen select get help singing in
For clarification, you can use the live chat on this page, remember DO NOT type your password during a live chat.